Frank is the Audax/gravel machine which started as a well preserved Rossin Professional of mid 80’s vintage. Frank had some changes made after I broke the crank, and now has a few features you may not see anywhere else such as a long cage Super Record rear derailleur. Combined with a triple chainring and low gears on the back, Frank laughs at the biggest hills while cruising effortlessly down the road.
Cornering and braking is what you’d expect from a bike of Frank’s pedigree, especially on bespoke wheels and fat tyres.
In order to achieve such a thing, the master bike fetler noted on the bill:
“Do stuff to Frank, stuff unimaginable that any lesser man or shop would of long ago quit and fled to a land far away for a long time.”
Well he didn’t flee and here we are. Welcome Frank. And thanks Adam, still making dreams come true, even if it was a bit of a nightmare there for a while.
List of changes/updates:
- New wheels – TB14 rims, LSC hubs, 28mm Vredestien tires
- New Campagnolo brake blocks on the existing Super Record calipers provide outstanding braking with the new wheels
- Campagnolo aero seatpost replacing the the original worn unit
- 11-30 Shimano cassette and Shimano chain
- 53/39/30 Record triple crankset and 107mm Shimano bottom bracket. Narrow to deal with the offset of the triple chainset.
- 82 Super Record rear mech has has a long cage fitted (all the gears)
All works together very nicely thanks to the dedication and expertise of Adam @ LSC. Support your LBS. We need guys like Adam.